Ember’s Crowd-Pleasing Chili Recipe: Perfect for Fall Camping and TailgatingNov 5, 2021
Fall is in the air, and it’s the perfect time of year for making delicious meals outside around the campfire. The days are getting cooler, and the nights are often crisp, so what better time could there be for getting out a Dutch oven or a big cast iron stew pot and making enough chili to feed your friends and camping buddies?
Our in-house chili recipe has become an incredible hit over the past few months as we entertained dealers in our campground and fed our well-deserving employees. We have been asked for the recipe again and again. So, we decided it was time to share it, so you can make it too! The team at Ember loves that the chili has a little kick to it, which can of course be adjusted to your own individual taste.
Here are the ingredients for the Ember chili recipe. Happy fall camping everyone!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb sage pork
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons garlic cloves
- 2 15oz pinto beans
- 1 15oz chili beans
- 3 8oz tomato sauce
- 2 15oz diced tomatoes (fire roasted preferred)
- 1 12oz dark beer
- 2 14.5oz beef broth
- 1 6oz tomato paste
- 1 4.5 oz green chilies
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Worcestershire sauce (season as you wish)
- Hot sauce (season as you wish)
- Dice the onion and brown half of the onion with ground chuck and pork in a pan or on a griddle.
- Add all ingredients into your chili pot, including browned meat and other half of the red onion.
- Let the chili simmer for 3 – 4 hours (or more!).
- Serve with cornbread, sour cream, cheddar cheese or any other toppings you want.